Friday, June 05, 2009

1st Week of June Rains= Flooding (BAha na naman!!)

What started as early June Shower (end of summer here) turned into a nightmare for most of us specially the public school students. Imagine seeing school kids wading through the flooded streets of Metro Manila just to get to their respective schools & at the last minute being turned away by Teachers saying the Dep't. Ed. had abruptly announced No classes late in the morning. From Wed. to Thursday it was like this. Then came Friday they Cancelled on all level the classes but what a twist of fate the whole morning yesterday was somewhat sunny. Later in the afternoon was a different story.

By mid-afternoon came the heavy downpour, heard on the radio that snarling traffic everywhere, defective traffic lights, flooded streets. So by 5pm my Dad & I decided to leave the office here in Makati. As we drove away towards SouthSuper Highway I can see Mayapis ave. the water was already knee-deep & lots of stalled vehicles on its shoulder. I said to myself, good thing I don't have to contend driving through that river like street. Well as I was cruising towards south super highway, I noticed the large volume of vehicles inching their way towards Pasay Road, the scene was like a Huge Parking lot.

Aargh lagot!! Well it took us an hour just to pass thru Villamor Bridge, with everyone trying his best to outdo each other to get out of that bottleneck. Good thing I've decided not to enter the West Service road as I was what we saw shocked us was both lanes are occupied & at a standstill with no traffic aide in sight to untangle it. Lucky for us as we able to get out of the Merville Exit with ease. As I thought it will be a breeze going home, I was dead wrong! The small bridge going to Gate 1 was inundated by flood water & no vehicle dared to cross it. Well to make a long story short it took us another hour to have the flood water subside & cross the flooded streets inside the village. I was furious at my Dad as he was insisting that we cross the bridge as if I we were in a SUV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sounds like Banana-Q but starts w/ a P, NCR, Philippines
Parang comedy life ko, Dilbert where are you now? Be nobody but yourself! "Smile in your own way!"(quote ng h.s. classmate ko si Dr. Mike)