Saturday, July 21, 2012

Baha Na Naman!!

Baha Na Naman (It's Flooded Again)!!!

Its Saturday July 21, 2012 and as early as 6 in the morning Flood waters rose too fast in the streets & leaks on the roof caused by clogged roof gutters caused our misery, GRRRR! I woke up with heavy rains pouring like hell and what a surprise! Flood waters seeping into our house & leaking rain water in one of the rooms being like a bathroom shower full blast! Argh !!! All hands on deck. Everyone in the house tried to control  the damage,  I did my part, grab the ladder and went to the roof. I was shock to see all the rain gutters overflowing and saw the drain clogged with dried leaves from the neighbor's tree (Kalilinis ko lang nito a few weeks ago ngayon barado na naman!?!?!?! Itapon ko kaya sa garden nila ito??? ).


The leaks stopped but then I had to remove the clogged in the outlet going to the street drainage which means I have to wade through the flood :( well I have no choice or the house will get flooded.   I removed  debris upon debris of plastic bags, styropor cups and other what have you trash from rodents  and neighbors I guess, who else?  Its more Fun (Flood) in the Philippines!  

After that dilemma, I went to work and  thought I can drive to the office smoothly with a little flooding on the way to Makati City which would usually take less than an hour on a Saturday morning. But I was in for a big surprise.  


The main intersection of Gil Puyat Ave. & South Super Highway are flooded and traffic was terrible. We tried to weaved our way out of this traffic mess &  avoid the floods but to no avail. We got stuck for almost 3 hours. 
As you would see on the photo's I took, one could see how deep the flood is. As if I was near the Manila Bay Break Water hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sounds like Banana-Q but starts w/ a P, NCR, Philippines
Parang comedy life ko, Dilbert where are you now? Be nobody but yourself! "Smile in your own way!"(quote ng h.s. classmate ko si Dr. Mike)